Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2002 ford explorer: passenger window will not roll up but I..moter

Customer Question

2002 ford explorer back passenger window will not roll up but I am hearing the moter run. I have read that the wire cable must be messed up. What is the repair procedure for this. Do I buy a new regulator assembly. What is the part number?? Thank you. MSgt Handa
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Ron :

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

The problem you are describing is caused by a broken window regulator, the cables brake loose from the regulator and the window dosnt move. The fix is to replace the window regulator assembly. The dealer par number is XXXXX and it list for about $150. I can send replacement instruction if you need.

Customer :

yes please. I need replacement info. Is it worth it for me to try and rewind the exsisting regulator or is it always" hard broke"

Ron :

No once you get it out you will likely see the plactic clips that hold it to the metal on the regulator are permentely broken. give just a minute and I will send instruction.

Ron :

DOWNLOAD HERE and HERE and HERE

Ron :

Its a very poor design to be honest.

Customer :

thank you!! do you think I can order that part through a better parts store or do I need to go through a ford dealer??

Ron :

I am pretty sure they are avaliable aftermarket. Its worth looking into.

Customer :

ok thank you!!!

Ron :

Your very welcome, thank you as well.

Customer :

I will accept now.

Ron :

Thank you

Customer :

one last thing. How long should this take to repair

Ron :

The flat rate time calls for .7 of one hour. I would figure about one hour.

Customer :

ok then thank you. cross your fingers for me. I dont get my truck back from the boss until i fix her window.

Customer :

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.
If you follow the step, its not a bad job . If you hit a snag, return to this question and I will get you out of it.