Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

2000 WINDSTAR: gauges..tach NEEDLE WENT ALL THE WAY AROUND..INDICATOR

I have 2000 WINDSTAR WITH 3.8 ENG.THE DASH GAUGES ARE INTERMITTANLY SPIKING BOUNCIMG UP DOWN. A TAP ON THE DASH MAKES IT STOP FOR A WHILE. THE TACH NEEDLE WENT ALL THE WAY AROUND AND GOT STUCK IN THE SLOT FOR ( p n drive)INDICATOR AMD BROKE THE SMALL CABLE FOR THE INDICATOR. NOW I'M GETTING A FLASHING OVER /DRIVE LIGHT & #705 CODE. I PULLED OUT THE DASH & FOUND NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY. COULD THESE PROBLEMS BE RELEATED. ALSO WHEN O/D LIGHT CAME ON R/S POWER DOOR STOPPED WORKING
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Shawn :

Hi, Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today with your question.

Shawn :

Based on your description, the most common cause of the problem you are having is a defective instrument cluster, however with the PO705 code I would double check the DTR (Digital Transmission Range) sensor and it's connectors for any possible damage or misalignment of the sensor. If you need further instructions let me know.

Customer:

OK thank you

Can you tell me where the DTR sensor is located?"

Shawn :

Please don't forget to click on the accept button so that I may get credit for my work. Please keep in mind Just Answer is set up on an honor system.

Shawn :

If you need more help let me know.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where is DTR sensor and can it be adjusted
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The DTR is located on top of transmission on the driver's side under the air filter box.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.