Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician

Need door entry code for f150 2004

Customer Question

need door entry code for f150 2004
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Is this a regular cab, extended cab, or crew cab?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes newer one it has the 12 " back door

Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Ok, there are 2 ways to retrieve the factory code to reset the keyless entry doorpad:

• pay a dealership 1/2 hour labor for them to retreive it using a Ford factory scanner and software
  • remove the back seat to access the security module that has the factory code printed on it in order to enter it into the keypad to reset it.

You need to remove the seat belt covers from the top of the seat back, remove the access cover then the two nuts and remove the cover. Then there are retaining clips at the seat back latches that must be released.To locate the retaining clips, align a screwdriver with the inboard portion of the outboard LATCH attachment points. Be careful not to damage the seat trim covers. Make contact with the rounded portion of the backrest frame and work the screwdriver upward until the screwdriver clears the rounded portion of the backrest frame. At this point the screwdriver should be located at the access hole. Press down on the backrest slightly (this is crucial, otherwise the retaining clip may not release), press the screwdriver rearward to release the retaining clip, then lift the backrest upward. Repeat this process to release the other side of the backrest.

Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Here are some diagrams to help you on this:

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i do not have a back seat is it the same thing
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

No, in that case it is going to be underneath the dash on driver's side way up above the left kick panel. Dont have a diagram, but if you look up under the dash near the windshield. You should see a gray rectangular box with two connectors on it mounted to the firewall. There is a sticker on it with a 5 digit code. This is the factory keyless entry code for your truck.

Edited by Eric on 8/6/2010 at 4:54 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have look one but will look one more time

Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

It is a pain to locate underneath the dash. If you havent yet, remove the lower trim panel that is below the steering wheel. This may give you more access to view up behind the dash.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i can see up to the top i look everwere there is on box
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Ok, that is the only box it would be located on- there are some cases where the factory forgets to put the label with the 5 digit entry code on it. I have run into these where I have even spent the 2 hours to remove the box to look on the back side of it, only to find out they never put the sticker on it.

Your only other option is to have the dealer scan it to retreive the code.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i did not accepted the answer