davehop, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully certified in all phases of automotive repair as recognized and certified by Ford Motor Company

1997 Taurus SHO: an oil filter adapter gasket P/N 6840..3.4L..V8

Looking for an "oil filter adapter gasket " P/N 6840 for my 1997 Taurus SHO 3.4L V8

Hello, have you tried to go to the dealer yet? This is the same screen from the ford parts catalog, it is definately available.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes , my SHO is at the dealer , they won't work on it until i come-up with the parts because they say they are no-longer available to them . i found an "O" ring replacement for the engine oil cooler they said couldn't be had and an oil pressure sensor , the last item is the oil filter adapter gasket i can't find . the old one looks perfectly fine to me . slight indentations around the two main oil holes . I would use it again... i had a leak , most likely from the "o" ring ... they wanted a replacement engine oil cooler and adapter gasket before they would re-assemble .
wow, they got some balls dude, that ain't right, let me see if my place can get it. let you know later on tonight , ok. Hey you are in luck, my manager just ran the number, part is obsolete, but there is 1 dealer min the us that has one, Bozeman Ford Lincoln Mercury in Bozeman, MT (NNN) NNN-NNNN part number is F6DZ-6840-AA call them for it.
Did you get the gasket?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ohh Dammmm ... i would've gotten that gasket.. maybe i'll buy it for the future anyway ..THANX!! i gave the daler mechanic some Permetex aircraft formula gasket sealer . That brown gooey stuff and he reassembled with the "o" ring i found from tha SHO site .He called and said come pick it up. It's not leaking . But they won't guaranetee the work .This is Sayville Ford on Long Island here .Frustrating as hell . Anyway . I'll need an oil pan gasket because i see i still have an oil leak seems to come from the back end of the oil pan , I could use a gasket set i guess .
Well I did get you the info.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YES you did...and thank you very much !
are you going to hit the accept tab?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did already ... a while ago ...
Thank you.