Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.

My car wont go forward or backward and there..fluid coming

Customer Question

My car won't go forward or backward and there is a reddish/brown fluid coming from under the car?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Greetings and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
You have probably blown one of the transmission cooler lines that go out to the radiator. You should not run the car anymore as you may do damage to the transmission. Either have it towed or you will have to get under it and repair the line.
Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Does this mean that I would have to replace the whole transmission? Did this cause that much damage?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
At this point the best thing to do is repair the leak and try driving the car. If you didn't really push it, then it will likely be ok.