CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

2000 Ford Ranger: CEL..Code P0171..vacuum leaks..parking lot

2000 Ford Ranger 2.5 CEL on. Code P0171 Checked for vacuum leaks.(none) Truck still performs great with the exception of shuddering sometimes when I come to a slow stop to park it in my parking lot. Will a MAF sensor cause this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 6 years ago.

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your question today.

Yes, it is possible that a MAF sensor can cause this problem. I would recommend to try and clean the MAF with a special MAF cleaner and have the code cleared and check for proper operation.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Already cleaned the sensor with MAF cleaner.Cleared the code, Next day CEL came back on with the same code.
Ok, I would say then replace the MAF sensor but I never do as we are still not 100% that it is the problem. A scan tool that checks live data would really be the next step to check the short and long term fuel trims.