Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

2005 ford ranger check engine light is on. I plugged in my

2005 ford ranger check engine light is on. I plugged in my code scanner and it says P2270 bank 1 sensor 2 signal stuck lean. What is this and where is it located so I can replace it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

Ok, This is referring to one of the O2 sensors. You have 2. The one in front of the catalytic converter is Bank 1 Sensor 1 and the one after the converter is the Bank 1 Sensor 2 Oxygen sensor. Stuck lean means that it is not reading properly and stuck reading a lean condition in the air/fuel ratio.

This is easy to replace. Crawl underneath vehicle and disconnect the O2 sensor connector and use either a special O2 socket(about $20) to remove, or a 7/8" wrench to loosen and remove O2 sensor from exhaust pipe.

Bank1 Sensor2 highlighted in yellow below:

graphic

Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

graphic
View Full Image