Pavlin Koev

my windshield wiper fluid wont spray

my windshield wiper fluid wont spray
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pavlin Koev replied 6 years ago.

Hi, good morning!

Welcome to Just answer! and I will try to help you with your problem. I would like you to tell how you have tested the pump.

Have you checked the wires that are coming to the pump for Power and ground.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I removed the connector of the pump and measured the voltage. If you spray the windshield then you still measure 0 Volts. If you spray the rear window then you measure 12,4 Volts. If you connect the plug then the pump only run if you operate the rear. There are only two wires and I think that they are oke.
Hi, the 2 way pump is grounded true multifunction switch which is the the culprit. Both signals are coming from same switch. that is the fault. I am sorry for being late.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Oke so replacement of the control lever near the steering wheel.

need to check one more thing. Switch terminal #2 has white wire with black stripe. when you turn on washer you have to have ground on that wire. This wire goes to Center timer module pin 29. If that wire brings the ground to Module then problem is in the module most likely.

we have to continue tonight we can check couple more thing I just have to leave for work now.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello Pavlin,

In the Netherlands we have a yearly safety test. The car is tested oke yesterday. To get through the test I inverted the hoses from the wiper pump. The center timer module is located behind the fuse box. I will check on this in september

Thanks for your help.

you are welcome

all the best!