How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ron Z. Your Own Question
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 18693
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Ron Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to replace the PCV valve on a 2006 Ford Focus SE

This answer was rated:

I am trying to replace the PCV valve on a 2006 Ford Focus SE ZX4 with 87,000 miles, but I am unable to locate it.

I removed the hose from the intake manifold, which is roughly S shaped and is also connected to the large hose that runs between the air filter and engine. The PCV valve is not inside the S shaped hose. The outlet from the intake manifold does not twist and appears to be part of the manifold, so my only conclusion is that the PCV valve is inside the manifold. Is this true? I have a hard time believing that the engineers would make someone go through two hours of labor and replace a gasket just to get to a PCV valve when it usually twists off on most vehicles.


Unfortunately, it's true. The fine automotive engineers over at Ford did in fact put the PCV behind the manifold. The manifold must be removed to access the PCV. The labor guide calls for 2.1hrs to complete the job. On the plus side however, the PCV is pretty solid, and very rarely goes bad.


Ron Z. and other Ford Specialists are ready to help you