Al Smitty
Al Smitty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, Ford Engine and Chassis Master Tech, Auto Tech Instructor

My 2004 Ford Taurus Wont start... the battery is good and there

My 2004 Ford Taurus Wont start... the battery is good and there is power to the windows and everything else but wont start... kinda clicks when I turn the key
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer, I'm AL.
You mentioned the lights and everything work. Do they quit working when you are trying to crank the engine? Do they come back on when you quit cranking? Or do they all stay on while you crank?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The indicator lights stay on, before during and after cranking. Sorry Im not much of a mechanic.

I'm Ben -by the way

No problem. Laughing

When you crank, does the anti-theft light flash?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't believ so... the car is down the road at a store's parking lot.
OK, If the anti theft light is flashing you most likely have a bad key transponder.
If the light is not flashing, The most likely cause is a starter. If you have access to the car, and a test light, I could help you test the starter. Without testing anything, my best guess is a starter.
Best of luck
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do u hav any idea how much it would take to repair the starter? Im a bit limited on money.
Most of the time starters are replaced, not repaired. NAPA online shows the part for approx. $150 depending on warranty. If you install it yourself, that would be the cost. If you pay someone, It will be about $100 in labor in addition to the part.