Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

fuel pump driver module whst does it do

fuel pump driver module whst does it do
Chat Conversation Started
Ron :

The Fuel Pump Driver Module communicates diagnostic information to the powertrain control module (PCM) through the Fuel Pump Monitor (FPM) circuit. This information is sent by the FPDM as a duty cycle signal which in turns controls the fuel pump.

Customer:

My ford cranks fine, I've replaced all wires, plugs, coil, fule has been refreshed. I was told it sounds like the fule module and it keeps it from starting until pressure builds up. Beacuse if I keep trying it will start after a loooong time but then runs ok

Ron :

Yes a bad driver modual could cause this problem by no allowing the fuel pump to run. That being said, a week fuel pump will do this as well. I would start checking fuel pressure when its hard to start.

Customer:

how's the best easiest way to test fuel pressure, I will replace the module tomorrow and see if theres a change

Ron :

Install a fuel pressure guage to the fuel rail service port.