Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

What is the procedure for setting timing on 95 f150/5.

what is the procedure for setting timing on 95 f150/5.0 it doesnt have the module on side of dist, and i cant find the wire to unplug to set timing

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Are you trying to set ignition timing?

Encloased are timing adjustment instructions. Base timing is set at 10BTDC.

1. Place transmission in NEUTRAL (M/T) or PARK (A/T) with A/C and heater in OFF position.
  2. Connect an inductive timing light.
  3. Disconnect the single wire in-line Spark Output (SPOUT) connector or remove the shorting bar from the double wire SPOUT connector.
  4. Start engine and allow to reach operating temperature. With engine at timing rpm, check or adjust initial timing to specification. NOTE: To set timing correctly, a remote starter should not be used. Use the ignition key only to start the vehicle. Disconnecting the start wire at the starter relay will cause Ignition Control Module (ICM) to revert to start mode timing after the vehicle is started. Reconnecting the start wire after the vehicle is running will not correct the timing.
  5. Reconnect single wire in-line spout connector or reinstall the shorting bar on the double wire spout connector. Check timing advance to verify distributor is advancing beyond the initial setting.
  6. Remove test instruments.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i followed harness from dist to a plug, but im not seeing that spout
The SPOUT is on the drivers fender.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is a connector that has a cap on it on the fender at hinge, at corner of fender and firewall, the wires are vgreen and pinkish purple, it is a black connector, is that it
No It should be right where it shows in the diagram. The wires are both Pink and the connector is eaither gray or black . Its right next to the cruise control servo.

Edited by Ron on 7/13/2010 at 7:49 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the only 2 wire connector other than the one i ask about is the one that goes to the hood, there is a black connector with a gray cap, but is a 4 wire righr below the cruise control and master cyl, bolted to the fender skirt
The connector should be right there on the inner fender. The wires are both PINK..

Its usually taped to the igniton control modual connector.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
someone had taped it up in the harness, 2 pink wires with a gray connector in the end
Yep, you found it. Great job!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i ended up with you because anther guy quit answering me, this truck after it warms up the engine light comes on and it loses all power and eventually will cut off and you have to wait 10 min or so then it will start and do the same thing again, if you try to start it right after it cuts off it acts lik it is flooded, the codes i got were 157/172/212, the eng temp and coolant temp have been replaced, as has the coil, i cked oujtput on maf sensor and it was aobbout 1 volt, the coolant temp guage doesnt work i dont know wether that could affect anything or not, do you have any ideas, ti would certainly help me, this thing is driving me nuts
This problem sounds like the fuel pump is failing, have you checked fuel pressure when it dies?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

with gauage hooked and kye on the pressur is 20, started it is 28 and as you accelarate, the pressure goes down as eng speed increases, i stopped accel when fuel pressure got to 15 lbs, its the fuel pump isnt it

Well there is your problem, you need to hold at least 35 to 45, anything less and you will have the problem you are having. You need a pump.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it wouldnt be the fuel pump regulator would it, when i unhook the vacum hose at idle the pressure goesup
No it would not, its the pump. It should go up a few pounds but 20 is not enough, you need no less that 35 PSI.