Kris
Kris, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Trained Technician, engine, steering, suspension, electrical, a/c, 4x4, brakes
36744887

F150: the AC low pressure switch..5.4L..compressor..pressure sensor

How can I bypass the AC low pressure switch on my 1997 5.4L F150 long enough to add r134a refrigerant after replacing the compressor? Actually, I need help FINDING the low pressure sensor/switch.
PS: There was nothing wrong with my old compressor except for shot pulley bearings. However, I broke the shaft when I removed the retaining bolt and tried to remove the pulley and clutch plate together with a gear puller not knowing about the snap ring that was behind the clutch plate!
The switch is located near the low side fitting. The switch has 2 wires which are Red/yellow and black/yellow
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, I see the 2 wires, but how do I remove the plug? Does just the little brown part at the top unplug or does it unplug lower down?
Its down lower you have to pull out on a tab to realse the connection.