Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Hi, I am trying to replace PCV valve in a 2004 Expedition

I am trying to replace PCV valve in a 2004 Expedition 4.6 L engine and I can"t get the old valve out. Do I need to get anti-seize lubricant to remove it (will that even work on that plastic?)

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Disconnect the hose from the PCV valve on the passenger valve cover then use pliers like channel locks to twist it out out.

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Chris,

I have tried that and also tried several wrenches I have been very forceful but afraid of breaking the plastic nothing else I can do? So that Anti-seize won't work ?

Anti seize will not help here. Look at your replacement. You should notice it has a screw groove cut into the exterior surface telling you which way to turn the PCV valve. It should twist a 1/2 turn and pull up. It only pays 0.2 to replace so its not a huge disassembly to replace.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
One last thing the two notches on the sides that look like arrows they seem like some sort of lock or something is that the reason it doesn't move at all. I have tried both directions. Do I need to press down and twist at the same time?
If you are referring to the notches o n the PCV valve itself it does mean it needs to be pushed down. Normally they just twist right out. It may be because your pulling up as you twist it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ok thanks alot I will give it another try

Keep in touch if needed, your welcome.