Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.
2499435

2000 ford xlt f150 window will not roll up. I bought a new

2000 ford xlt f150 window will not roll up. I bought a new switch and the problem remains the same. The motor is good, I jumper it and get it to roll up
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Chris (aka- Moose) :

Which window is inop?

Customer:

Passenger side, front door

Customer:

Yes, neither swith works. There appears to be a ground wire that goes through a relay that is not working. There are 2 grounds, one works for the window going down, I can jumper to it for the window going up and make the window go up but the ground wire for going down does not seem to engage. I switched the relays, no success

Chris (aka- Moose) :

Which switch was replaced, driver or passenger door?

Customer:

The switch on the passenger side door was replaced

Chris (aka- Moose) :

Pull your switch back out of the passenger door and leave it plugged up. Now use some jumper wires from ground to the white/yellow and tan/light blue wires. by pushing the jumpers into the back of the connector thus touching the pins. Now turn the key on and try the switch on the passenger door.

Customer:

I did that, the light blue wire is the wire that doesn't seem to work.

Customer:

It appears to be a ground. I am inside now and it is dark outside.

Customer:

There are 7 wires

Customer:

one hot

Customer:

2 wires from the swith on the drivers side

Customer:

2 wires that go to the motor

Customer:

2 wires that appear to be ground and seem to be engaged by some sort of relay, this is the part i don't understand

Customer:

the 2 wires that appear to be ground are also connected to the switch on the driver's side

Customer:

one of the wires that is ground works fine and is for the down motion

Customer:

the other one does not seem to work

Customer:

if i manually jumper the motor and use the ground for the down motion, i can make the window go up

Chris (aka- Moose) :

When your doing your jumper test at the motor, are you suppling an outside power or using the power from the switch?

Customer:

I use the power from the switch

Chris (aka- Moose) :

Is the power from the switch on the LB/BK wire or LB/RD wire?

Chris (aka- Moose) :

Does the drivers window work perfect?

Customer:

the drivers window works perfectly

Chris (aka- Moose) :

Customer:

the power to the switch on the passenger side was a greenish wire

Customer:

a red and yelllow wire and yellow and white? go to the motor

Customer:

I am sorry, i did not take any notes. I can look for a flashlight and go out and look

Customer:

there is just one wire that was hot

Customer:

there was 2 wires from the switch on the drivers side

Chris (aka- Moose) :

I am looking at the ford wire diagram, so I know the wire colors, I just need to know if there is power on the LB/BK wire at the passenger door switch with the key on?

Full Size Image

Customer:

Yes, the wire in the middle is the hot wire and is hot when the key is on

Chris (aka- Moose) :

If this wire is hot then you have no ground coming into the switch from the drivers door or no ground coming out of the switch to the motor. OHM test the wires from the switch on the passenger door to the motor and from the passenger switch to the drivers switch. Both wires to a window motor are grounded until you hit up or down and one wire goes hot for up and the other wire hot for down. All grounds come from the drivers door switch.

Full Size Image

Customer:

Using C609 Right Front Power window switch

Customer:

1 is black and ground, 0 ohms

Customer:

2 is white no ground

Customer:

3 is yellow red stripe goes to motor, no ground

Customer:

4 is gray with black stripe, hot when key is on

Customer:

5 is bt blue red stripe ground, about 200 ohms

Customer:

6 is red with yellow stripe goes to motor, no ground

Customer:

7 is pink with blue stripe no ground

Customer:

I can jumper 4 to 6 and 3 to 1 and window goes down

Customer:

i can jumper 4 to3 and 6 to 1 and window goes up

Customer:

On the switch, 2 and 3 are connected, no resistance

Customer:

on switch 6 and 7 are connected, no resistance this and previous line when switch is not pressed

Customer:

When I press switch for down, 4 and 7 have no resistance

Customer:

I press switch for up, 4 and 2 have no resistance

Customer:

down works with switch

Customer:

up does not work with switch

Customer:

I think I see what moose was saying, the white and yellow and tan and black serve as the ground for the motor and it goes through the switch on the drivers side. It appears I may have purchased the wrong switch. It is now 9:30, i will leave the computer on and check this in the morning. thanks

Chris (aka- Moose) :

Since your missing the ground input, it does appear you replaced the incorrect switch since the inputs for the passenger side come out of the drivers side.

Customer:

Thanks for your help, you are correct

Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Ford.