A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

1996 Windstar: Fuse under..under hood..relays under dash

Customer Question

1996 Windstar windows not working. No power to fuse (35 LEFT WINDOW) BUT POWER TO 40 (RIGHT WINDOW0 but neither works. Fuse under hood is good and I traded out the relays under dash but I don't understand why there is no power. tHE BOOK MENTIONS A CIRCUIT BREAKER BUT THE WIRING DIAGRAM DOESN'T SHOW IT AND I CAN'T FIND ANY SUCH THING. THANKS, Ken
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

There is no circuit breaker in the power window circuit on your Windstar. Below a re the factory wiring diagrams.

graphicgraphic

The fuse for the drivers side is fuse #34, not #35. Make sure you have power on fuse #34, because #34 and #40 both get power from the Delayed Accessory Relay. If you have power on both fuses, the make sure you have power going to the drivers power window switch.

Check the PINK wire and the LIGHT BLUE/BLACK striped wire with the key on. If you have power into the switch, then check and make sure you have power coming out of the switch with one of the buttons pressed up and then down. You either have a bad drivers side master window switch assembly or a broken wire int he drivers door jamb. First double check the fuses #34 and #40.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay when I check 34 no power when I check 40 power. Neither fuse is blown and again there is no power to pink or blue/black with key on. I thought the fuses were in parallel but I can't get a reading on 34. Thanks for your effort. Ken
If you do not have power on 34, the problem is in the dash fuse box.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay Mr. Penland. It's my bedtime. I'll try to wire to an unused fuse spot tomorrow or maybe I can find the crack and fix it. Goodnight.
Goodnight. If you need more help, you can reply back tomorrow on this page. We can talk back and forth till your problem is fixed.