Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1986 Ford F150, 302 fuel injected, 4-speed. I have fuel pressure

1986 Ford F150, 302 fuel injected, 4-speed. I have fuel pressure and spark, fuel filter is not plugged, turns over but won't start, ran fine when I parked it a month ago. Is there an electronic gizmo that I need to replace to get it running again?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 6 years ago.

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Do you have spark at the spark plugs when cranking?

Have you checked to see if the injector are plusing?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is spark at the plugs, and no, I haven't checked to see if the injectors are pulsing.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 years ago.

It takes fuel, spark and compression to start and run the engine, if you are sure you have fuel and good spark, then you need to test the injectors with a noid light to see if you have injector pulse and if so, then the next step would be to run a compression test and see if you have good compression.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What controls the pulse signal to the injectors? If one or two injectors were not functioning, the engine would most likely still run, although not very well- it's as if there is no fuel, the engine does not even fire, it just turns over.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 years ago.
The injectors are controlled by the PCM (computer) thru ground switching. There are 2 wires, the red one is the key on power and the other wire is the ground switching from the PCM>