kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

what would cause my c6 transmission to slip terribly after

what would cause my c6 transmission to slip terribly after changing motors in my 1983 ford f150 from a 300 6 cylinder to a 302 v8 carberated engine. also does my torque converter need to be changed to a higher torque

The c6 uses the same converter a f-26 or a f-49, but they are both interchangeable. Did you get the passing gear rod reconnected? Did you make sure it was full of fluid?

Edited by kalamykid on 7/2/2010 at 2:22 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes. Full of fluids and hooked up the cable today. so if there interchangeable it should fix the issue. Thank you Denny
NO the converter is not your problem unless it is not all the way in the trans. The two converters are interchangeable so they both will work. with the nuts off of the converter can you wiggle the converter? If you can not get the converter to move any with out the flex plat moving and the nuts are off then you have not gotten the converter all the way in the trans and have probably damaged the pump.