bluextc89, Small Business Owner
Experience:  MECP Certified, Car Audio Pro 17 Years. Shop owner 5 years.

2010 Ford F-150: a factory keyless keypad..collision..driver side door

Customer Question

I had a factory keyless keypad added to a 2010 Ford F-150 after collision work on the driver side door. I was told that only ford can program and activate the keypad via their computer.      I am now told that there is no "live wire" support and to program and activate the keypad is impossible. Is there additional parts needed.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 6 years ago.

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
2. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully
3. the question may be unclear

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

JustAnswer Moderator
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How can I get the keyless keypad on my 2010 Ford F-150 activated. The keypad was added after delivery of the vehicle and was not an original option on the vehicle.
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 6 years ago.

This is the information I have on programming the KeyFob...

Note: It is necessary to have all of your keyless remotes available prior to beginning this procedure. All keyless remotes not present during the programming procedure will not work when the programming procedure has been competed.

1. DO NOT depress brake pedal during this programming procedure.

2. Unlock all doors using the power door lock switch on door panel.

3. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in
RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.

4. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle
to confirm programming.

5. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will
cycle again to confirm programming.

6. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

Are you certain this is a factory keyless entry unit... and not a dealer-installed aftermarket one?

Is it possible for you to post a picture of the KeyFob?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is a dealer part ordered from Ford parts. The keyless keypad was installed after collision repair that required complete disassembly of the drivers door.
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 6 years ago.

Because the keypad is not OEM equipment - i'm worried it may not be compatible with the factory system.... but MAY be programmed by a dealer using the service bay computer.

Let me opt out of this, and transfer the question to the Ford Experts section. They can answer that more decisively for you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Expert stated he would re-submit the question and gear it towards a Ford technician.
Expert stated he would re-submit the question and gear it towards a Ford technician
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 6 years ago.

I have requested the transfer twice now, im not sure why it has not been completed yet.

I will try a more direct method to get it switched into the correct category.