THere are a couple of factory issued Technical service Bulletins tied exactly to this. It may require a new valve body and reprogramming. Thanks for the VIN, it made these easier to find.
- AISIN TRANSMISSION HARSH SHIFTING - NO DTCS - MILEAGE ABOVE 20,000 MILES (32,200 KM)
|Publication Date: November 13, 2008|
|FORD:||2005-2007 Five Hundred|
This article supersedes TSB 07-26-9 to update the vehicle applications, Parts List, Service Procedure and remove effected built date.
Some 2005-2007 Five Hundred, Montego, and 2006-2008 Fusion, Milan, 2006 Zephyr and 2007-2008 MKZ vehicles equipped with an Aisin automatic transmission may experience shift concerns when the vehicle mileage gets above 20,000 miles (32,200 km). Shifting concerns are generally noticed during passing maneuvers with transmission at temperatures greater than 212 °F (100 °C) operating temperatures. Symptoms may be present during downshift 5-3 at 35 MPH (56 km/h) and/or 4-3 at 20 MPH (32 km/h) with throttle opening at approximately 50% or greater and include:
- Harsh shift and/or clunk noise
- Delayed shift and/or perceived slip/engine flare
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- If diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) are present in transmission control module (TCM) / powertrain control module (PCM), do not continue with this procedure. Perform normal diagnostics. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01B
- If no DTCs are present and mileage is below 20,000 miles (32,200 km) reprogram TCM / PCM and retest.
- If no DTCs are present and vehicle is over 20,000 miles (32,200 km), fluid should be drained and checked for excessive contamination. If fluid is not burnt, the valve body should be replaced and TCM / PCM updated to the latest calibration level. Refer to WSM, Section 307-01B for main control valve body replacement.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
- HARSH/ERRATIC/SLOW DOWNSHIFTS OR TIP-IN HESITATION - 6 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE - VEHICLES BUILT BEFORE 10/17/2005
|Publication Date: November 22, 2005|
|FORD:||2005-2006 Five Hundred|
Some 2005-2006 Five Hundred/Montego vehicles built before 10/17/2005, equipped with the 6 speed automatic transmission, may exhibit harsh/erratic/slow downshifts or tip-in hesitation.
Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) to the latest calibration using WDS release B39.14 and higher or B40.2 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the B40 CD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
To reprogram the TCM, first identify the vehicle with the WDS, select module programming and press tic, select PCM and press tic, and follow all screen prompts.
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage