How do I replace the fuel pump in a 1999 ford crown victoria?
Year : 1999
Make : Ford
Model: Crown Victoria
Here are your instructions.You have to remove the fuel tank first.
1.Relieve the system pressure
2.Drain the fuel tank
3.Remove the screws
4.Raise the vehicle
5. Remove the fuel tank filler pipe from the fuel tank
6.Disconnect the fuel pump connector which is located above the no.4 cross member
7. Disconnect the fuel lines
8. Disconnect the vapor tube from the tee on the RH side of vehicle
9. Disconnect the vapor tube from the canister tube
10. Position safety support under the fuel tank
11. Remove the nuts and swing the fuel tank support straps away from the fuel tank
12. Lower the fuel tank
13. Remove and discard the fuel tank mounting studs
Fuel pump removal
1. Disconnect the pressure transducer connector on the top rear corner of the fuel tank
2. Clean the area around the fuel pump mounting flange
3.Remove the bolts and remove the fuel pump
4.Remove and discard the fuel pump mounting gasket
Tighten fuel pump bolts in a star pattern 1-3-5; 2-4-6.