Don
Don, Ford Senior Master
Experience:  ASE Master certified, Ford Senior Master, 20 year experience
14629033

Ford: a check engine light on and the codes are P061B and P2106 what

I have a ford 500 with a check engine light on and the codes are P061B and P2106 what do they mean and what do I need to replace or fix? Thanks for your help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Don replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Don :

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I get the vin# XXXXX your car

Customer:

yes, let me go get it. 1FAHP23166G172960

Don :

also a wrong air filter can cause this code. make sure you use a motorcraft air filter, you can buy them right at wal-mat. and the only way the light will go out is if you have the computer cleared after the problem has been fixed

Expert:  Don replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

Your expert is gathering additional information and will be back with you shortly.
Expert:  Don replied 6 years ago.
if I can be anymore help just ask
Expert:  Don replied 6 years ago.

I do not know if you recieved this part of my message. the codes are for the computer seeing a fault in sensor readings. here is a message for the problem. check all the air hose from the air cleaner to engine and make sure the air cleaner cover is on right.

20767 VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH ETC (ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL) WITH P2106 AND/OR P061B IN MEMORY WITH NO OTHER CODES
SOME VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL (ETC), MAY EXHIBIT A MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL)ILLUMINATION. THE MIL MAY BE ACCOMPANIED WITH DTC (DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE) P061B AND/OR P2106 ONLY. THIS CONDITION MAY BE CAUSED BY AN IMPROPERLY SEALED AIR BOX OR IMPROPERLY FITTED AIR FILTER THAT RESULTS IN INACCURATE AIR FLOW MEASUREMENT BY THE MASS AIR FLOW METER. IN ADDITION, WATER OR SNOW MAY CONTACT THE HOT WIRE ELEMENT OF THE MAF CAUSING A SPIKE IN AIR MEASUREMENT. REFERENCE WORKSHOP MANUAL SECTION 303-12 FOR PROPER INSTALLATION OF INTAKE AIR DISTRIBUTION AND FILTERING.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 04/24/2009