Tim, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master tech, ASE certified

2000 ford taurus power windows do not work(all of them) I checked

2000 ford taurus power windows do not work(all of them) I checked all the fuses. I installed new relays, I installed new drivers master switch, I checked the connector at the door jam. I have no power at the large blue/black wire at the switch and door jam. Where can I test the other end of this wire to see if I have continuity through to the door jam connector?

If you do not have power on the light blue /black wire than you need to check it at the fuse box. The wire is powered off the accessories relay.If you do not have power coming off the fuse box than check the accessories relay for power if it has power than the fuse box is bad.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Tim, I do not have power at the LB/BK wire coming out of the fuse box. I have power at the assessory relay where pin 30 plugs in. I have continuity between pin 87 and the LB/BK wire conection. Could the GEM be the problem, if so can I change it or do I need it down loaded by a scanner. I have a code reader. Can I use that? I appreciate your help. Thanks Chris

If you have all that than check for power to the acc relay from the battery saving relay and if you have power than yes the GEM is bad and not grounding the circuit.I personally would just go to a salvage yard and get one for a 2000 with a ll the same options as yours. If you purchase new you will need to have it programmed to your car the scanner would need to be able to reprogram the module most none dealer scanners will not do that function. A third option is to install a inline fuse holder and install a 30 amp circuit breaker in the holder and wire it to the light blue/black wire from a feed off the ignition switch that is only hot when the key is in run or acc. I like to try and give several options when there is one available. You would lose the feature of being able to roll up the window with the key.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for everything.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where is the GEM located?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where is the battery saver relay(k115), there is no power coming into the acc.relay.
The battery saving relay is in the fuse box and not replaceable it is made into the printed circuit board.. The the gem is attached to the fuse box.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

So I will need to replace the fuse box?