RJ, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford senior master and ase master certified 19years Ford dealership experience

2000 ford taurus: the flex fuel engine, not the 24 valve..coolant

I have a 2000 ford taurus with the flex fuel engine, not the 24 valve. can someone explain how to change the coolant thermostat?
Hello Thankyou for Choosing Just Answer. I will attach to illustrations , the instructions are simple. Drain coolant , remove three bolts on t-stat housing and remove t-stat, it may help to remove the air intake tube from the air filter to the throttle body.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is the thermostat housing on the drivers side of the motor? does the car need to be jacked up and/or motor mounts loosened? About how long would it take?
Yes drivers side, back of engine . No raising of engine is required. The labor time is roughly 1.1 hours book time.