Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase master certified tech and instructor.

1993 Ford Ranger: crank sensor icm module an still no fire..ground

1993 Ford Ranger no fire changed crank sensor icm module an still no fire
could it be the bran , icm module has a good ground it has fule pressure just no fire,checked all wires with ohm meter no shorts
hi, have you ohm out the coil for resistance?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
was it ok, 1.20ohms primary and 10,000 or 13000 secondary? if you have not i can show you how its no problem just say it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
 yes i have 1.20 ohms on the primary and 13000 on secondary
ok then the coil is ok, then you need to check the output from the computer to the coil negative side, and this can be a computer problem but first you need to verify, are you there right know?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
you are right the PCM is going bad I taped on it a few times and it fired right up so I guess i will replace it when I can aford it I cut it off and it did the same thing and I taped on it agine and it fired right up agine
ok, good , you should be able to get this computer at any auto parts for about 250$ , thank you and glad to help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks a bunch I kind of thought it was pcm but wasnt sure till you said check it