Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2005 Ford: freon..relays under the hood, and it worked..temp control

Customer Question

2005 Ford Crown vic air conditioner blows hot, compressor good,
2005 Ford Crown vic air conditioner blows hot, compressor good, freon full, fuse and relay good. What could it be. Did it last week, I tapped on the relays under the hood, and it worked for a week, now will not work at all
Manal temp control, I got a new LCM last year this would not have anything to do with it would it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 6 years ago.
hi, if the a/c blows hot have you check the compressor if it engages when you set the controls to full blast a/c function?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, I should have mentioned the compressor is not getting any power, There is power at the Fuse/Relay box, and then none getting to the compressor
ok, do you know what the pressure is on the low side and on the hi side? you may have a pressure or a cycle switch bad, but they may also be affected by pressure, can you have the pressure check.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Pressure was checked said it was good on both sides, even recharged it
ok, then the problem may be on the low or hi pressure switch and we need to test them do you have a voltmeter?