CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

2003 Ford Taurus: OBD..02 sensor..driveability..a bit tight and I

Got a 2003 Ford Taurus with OBD 1151 code. I clear and it comes on and I assume I am looking at a 02 sensor replacement. There are no driveability problems, but money is a bit tight and I am wondering about long term problems if I continue to drive the car for a bit... thanks.

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your question today.

Yes it does sound like an oxygen sensor that is going bad. If there are no driveability issues, You may see a slight drop in fuel mileage but that is about it. If the motor starts running a little rough which may be tomorrow or may be in a year, The problem will need to be addressed as it can cause further damage. But most of the time it will not cause any further problems.