John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

i also installing a GTE Stage one Performance chip. i purchased

i also installing a GTE Stage one Performance chip. i purchased it from http://www.performancechiptuning.com/ . It's telling me to install it to the IAT/MAF. It doesnt really say which wires to attach the to wires from the chip to. Can you help with this also?
Chat Conversation Started
Chat Conversation Started
John Mc :

Yes you will install in the iat wires. You should have to install it in the violet and gray wire. This is how most are installed but without your exact instructions I can't be sure. If you can post what your instructions say on how it is installed to the iat I can interperet it and let you know where to install.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i am scanning the instructions. where should i email it too?

You have to upload and post the file. All you do is push the little tree button above the text box and upload the file. To do this a dialog box will come up. Click the browse button and another box will come up. Click that browse button and find the file to upload. Click on the file, then click ok in the dialog box. Now it will go to the other dialog box and you click insert. Then the file will show up here.

Sounds complicated but easy once you do it.

I'm looking for some better info in case this wasn't good enough. I'm a Ford expert, not a computer expert so I'm doing the best I can! :)

See if you can view this page, if not let me know.

http://experts.justanswer.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5626

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its teling me invalid link

You got it! Just install the performance tuner to the violet/gray and the yellow/violet wire.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask, it's what I'm here for!

-

important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

-

Thank you,

John Mc

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the tuner has a red and a blck wire. Which wire goes where?

You don't need the link, you got it figured out how to post the pics.

It doesn't matter as per your instructions polarity does not matter on this setup. This is just replacing a resistor and a resistor does not care which way current flows.

-

-

Thank you,

John Mc

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I also need to know do i modify my stock air filter box to attach my supercharger and filter. The MAF is attached to the air filter box.

That I don't think I can help you with. The MAF has to be in a calibrated size tube. I would suggest contacting the parts supplier on how to do this.

Sorry.