John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience

What does trouble code p0671 to p0678 mean

Customer Question

what does trouble code p0671 to p0678 mean
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 6 years ago.

Hi Sir or Madam, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer technician.
I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accurately.

P0671 and p0678 are glow plug codes for the number 1 and 8 glow plugs. You could have a problem with those glow plugs, wiring or valve cover gaskets. You probably are just in need of new glow plugs. I would suggest replacing the entire set of plugs (good maintenance on a 10 year old engine) and retest. This should solve your problem. If not you will need to check those wires and if all the wiring, valve cover gaskets, and under valve cover wiring are ok you will need to replace your glow plug module.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask, it's what I'm here for!

If this answer has been helpful please accept so I can receive payment. Feedback is very

important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

Thank you,

John Mc

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what should i try first. I received all 8 codes at once. they will clear but return after 200 miles sometimes the light goes out and no codes are present
Expert:  John Mc replied 6 years ago.

If you have received all 8 codes then I would suggest replacing the glow plug control module. Also make sure to check all the main fuses under the hood.

John Mc