Tim, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master tech, ASE certified

my brake light comes on and off randomly. sometimes while

my brake light comes on and off randomly. sometimes while stopped at a light and sometimes while pressing on the gas peddal. it doesn't stay on for long periods of time though.
Is it the red brake light that comes on? Or the ABS light?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it is the red brake light. the first time it came on i thought i was driving with my emergency brake on but that was not the case
If it is the red brake light you either have a bad fluid level switch or a bad emergency brake switch. The switches are intermittently grounding out causing the light.You will need to check this when the light is on. When the light is on press the ebrake and release to see if the light goes out.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i have already tried that sometimes it goes off and sometimes it stays on but only for a brief time. this problem started when it was raining. i have noticed that it happens more frequently in morning while going to work but when i am coming home from work the light does not come on and if it does it is very brief

If it does it more when cold than I would be looking at a sticking float in the brake reservoir.You can replace just the reservoir which has the low fluid switch in it.