Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase master certified tech and instructor.

Ford expedition: eddie..jacked..sway bar links and now air ride

Customer Question

bought a newer vehicle 98 eddie bower ford expedition with out know jacked up front to look at sway bar links and now air ride is alll the way up front and rear how do i lower it .
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 4 years ago.
hi, this system is self leveling and needs to be driven to readjust , it will need to see the level sensors changing to adjust.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
drove vehicle with the system on for 5 miles and drove it 5 miles with it off. havent turned system back on but no change.
ok, lest do a battery disconnect to reset the computer, disconnect the negative side wait 1 minute and reconnect see if it will level then.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
already did that before i took it for a drive. it was disconnected for 5 minutes do i need to do it again?
yes try it again?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the battery in disconnected and the air suspension is off, do i need to turn it back on before i connect the battery or after?
yes you need to leave the switch on while you disconnect and reconnect the battery.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
while driving it earlyer the ck suspension light came on turned off to go inside .came back out no light but on the drive home came back on .i didnt have any problems until i raised front end to work on endlink bushings and now all these problems .if i leave switch on before and after battery disconnect and reconnect and still wont lower what is my next option.
ok, it seems like no mater what we do it wont reset and this can be because the level module has gone on limp and this is cause by a sensor failure on the system , you need to have the level control scan and access the codes that are stored this will help to diagnose the problem , you say the light when on while driving this means there must be a code stored that will help to diagnose the problem ,you need to have a repair shop access the level control module with a scanner and get the codes stored on memory because anything else will not work.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok when u say shop do u mean ford only like the dealer ship and can a matco scanner do this or not .or is this scanner ur rtalking about ford only.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when u say shop do u mean ford onl like the dealership and can a matco scanner do this or not. or is this scanner ur talking about ford only.
you should be able to use a regular scanner just get the codes and let me know what they are>
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
using matco scan pro what section do i go under when i go under global obd 2 it comes back no interface. is that the one i need to go under.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is that the one i need to use on the scan tool?

yes .