Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Service manager of Firestone

2005 ford escape: all the spark plugs..misfire..malfunction..cylinder

I was having trouble with my 2005 ford escape misfiring and I replaced all the spark plugs and put 6 new coild on it. It worked great for about a monthe I am now getting the misfire again and it is now giving me a code of P0353 ignition coil c malfunction. What is this meaning the codes I was getting before were cylinder missfire codes. I am also haveing shifting issues with my transmission and got codes P0732 and P0734. I would like to know where to go from here

Thanks for visiting Just Answer,
Try swapping the number 3 coil with a different cylinders. See if the code or misfire moves. I suspect a possible bad coil. If the misfire does not move there could be a problem with the wiring or the PCM.
Let's look at the wiring to the number 3 coil.
You have the connector at the coil white/pink wire that connects to the PCM connector. Verify the Coil has power on the red wire. Inspect the pink/white wire for breaks, try running another wire from the pcm connector to the coil.
If the wiring and coil are both OK, the PCM is at fault.graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what about my codes p0732 and p0734 incorrect gear ratio?
These codes can be due to bad wiring to the PCM/ transmission harness a bad pcm/ mechanical failure.
Firest inspect the wiring.graphic

How does the speedometer act? Is the fluid burned up?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sometimes shifts hard and stays in lower gear to long does not seem to slip but will sometimes bang into gear the speedometer seems to climb as the tach does the fluid in it was getting dirty but was old the new fluid is fine and has about 1500 kilometers on it
I would inspect the wiring really well, if still not conclusive, a transmission shop would be best for possible internal transmission repair.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Tim Money has been sent