Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech
17239397

2001 Ford taurus: the fuel pump driver module located and how do you

Customer Question

On a 2001 Ford taurus, where is the fuel pump driver module located and how do you get to it to replace it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

As you can see in the diagram below the Taurus does not have a driver module for the fuel pump. That is why you cannot find it

Let me know what I can do to help you with this

Thank you

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
A FOrd dealer gave me a schematic which is labeled fuel pump driver module - B/T 54 and shows a component plugged into a wire coming from the fuel tank.
Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.

The power for the pump comes directly from fuse 116 and is controlled by the engine module with the fuel pump relay. The circuit is interupted in the event of a crash by the inertia switch that cuts power to the pump but the pickups have a driver module just not your Taurus.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You have not answered my question and I am not willing to pay for a non answer.
Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.

I cannot loacte a part that does not exist on your vehicle. I'm sorry you do not like the answer but it is the truth. If you ask for help I will provide it to the best of my ability

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not only did the Ford dealership say there is such a part, but I also checked with an auto parts store after your answere. they confirmed there is such a part. So, where is it located and how do I get to it?
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you today.

Different tech here. The taurus does have a fuel pump drivers module. It is not on the techs manuals you have to look in the parts cat thats why the other tech could not find it. its located either on the back side of the seat on the passenger side or in the right quarter panel. I know its there i have replaced one along time ago and its in our parts. Here is the only picture i can find.

graphic

Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience: 10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech