Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Re 2008 Ford Escape - transmission cooler fluid leak

Re: 2008 Ford Escape - transmission cooler fluid leak

The transmission cooler fluid in our 2008 Ford Escape leaks, causing the car to stall in traffic. This is definitely a serious safety hazard.

I have researched the internet and have found hundreds of complaints for transmission cooler fluid leaks with the 2008 Ford Escape (www.aboutautomobile.com/complaint/2008/Ford/Escape/Automatic+Transmission).

Among the complaints, I read that there is no fix for this problem, that the cooler can be replaced, but that leaking will occur again. Is this true?

How can we get Ford to be responsible for this huge problem?

thanks,

Cosmo

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

So far there is no fix for this. The supplier of these coolers for ford has not felt the effects enough to build a better design. My wifes was leaking and out of warranty. So I saved a leaking one and resoldered the leak and placed it in my wifes and so far its 45k later and still no leaks. They all seem to leak on the passenger side at the 2nd or 3rd fin down so you could have one repaired rather than replaced to resolve this. I have replaced near 200 at my dealership since I am th trans tech and have yet to see any designed better than the last. Also since i am just a tech and there are no ford corporate employees here we have no answers as to when another manufactoror is going to built them any better.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I appreciate your help. Hopefully I can get the leak fixed with soldering.

thanks,

Cosmo
Your welcome