Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech

Change filter and fluid trans of 2000 Lincoln Ls V8 sportspackage.

How do you change filter and fluid trans of 2000 Lincoln Ls V8 sportspackage. Hve gotten to different answers at 2 dealers thank you
Category: Ford
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you today.

The transmission fluid change is not that hard but different from other transmissions. You have 2 plugs in the pan one for drain and the other for fill. It is a closed transmission system but not $470.00 for repair. The book time is 1.5 hours. The only difference is that you have to fill from the bottom and not top because there are no transmission dipsticks. If you got 2 estimates from the Ford dealer and that big of a difference then i would goto the lower cost one because the other seems like they have no work and is charging way to much

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We want to have filter changed too..Is this work good preventive maintance?
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 6 years ago.
Yes it would be best to change the fluid and filter every 30 to 40k miles. If you have over 100k miles and never touched the transmission fluid then dont do it now as most of the time it will fail.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is one owner car I ordewred. I have always ad service at dealer. We have had the cfluid changed but not filter. Mayb it will be better to leave it alone. It still is a very .beatiful car. It is truly the old chache Garage kept and only driven onSunday by 60+lady So best is doing nothing
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 6 years ago.
If you have the fluid changed before then you can replace the filter.But if it is only driven one day a week then dont worry about it.