Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech

I need to disconnect my transmission lines from the radiator

Customer Question

I need to disconnect my transmission lines from the radiator . Its not something I have seen before 2007 F-150 5.4
Category: Ford
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you today.

I purchased the tool from the Snap-on truck but the Ford dealer has them also. I dont know why the parts store doesnt have it but here is the tool number and how the tool works. It can be a pain but soon as the tool goes all the way into the line just pull on the line

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is a ring on the line that prevents that tool from going in. What do you suggest?
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 6 years ago.

Its like a A/C line with springs. You have to push the spring in so the line will disconnect.

You will have to get the tool or follow the line further down to see if there is a connection. Do not take the fitting off the radiator with the line as it will leak.

Edited by Bamaman39 on 5/10/2010 at 11:31 PM EST