Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Service manager of Firestone

i have a 2005 frod f150 and it wont start. turns over checked

Customer Question

i have a 2005 frod f150 and it wont start. turns over checked fuel pump fuse no pressure before fuel filter
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim West replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for visiting Just answer,
Is the fuel pump priming when you turn the key on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i popped the line off in front of the fuel filter no pressure or fuel at all had the key turned on still nothing

Expert:  Tim West replied 3 years ago.
Inspect the connection and wiring of the Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) located above the spare tire under the rear of the vehicle. If the connector is corroded, there is water in the module or the module has rusted through. Replace the FPDM and/or connector.

If no visible issues are found at the FPDM or connection, disconnect the FPDM and install two jumper wires in the harness connection to jumper the White (WH) wire to the Pink/Black (PK/BK) wire and jumper the Black (BK) wire to the Brown/White (BR/WH) wire. If the fuel pump then runs when the ignition switch is turned to the run position, check the Light Blue/Orange (LB/OG) wire for a potential open or short to ground in the harness between the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and the FPDM before condemning the FPDM.

If the fuel pump does not run when the jumpers are installed, verify that power is present to the FPDM connection on the WH wire from the inertia switch and fuel pump relay. Also check the BK wire to verify it is a good ground for the FPDM to operate.

Check for power and ground at the pump connection with the jumpers installed at the FPDM connection. If OK but the pump did not run, replace the fuel pump. Keep in mind that a high amperage draw of the fuel pump could result in damage of the FPDM.

If there is no power on the WH wire at the FPDM, check the circuits and connection of the inertia switch to determine if there is output from the fuel pump relay located in the Central Junction Box (CJB). Replace the fuel pump relay as needed.graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wher is the relay located i believe it is part of the circuitboard

Expert:  Tim West replied 3 years ago.
graphic
in the relay box
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

which relay is it i tried to pull the smaller one out in between the larger relays accordind to he hayes manual and it looked like it was part of the fuse block circuit board

Expert:  Tim West replied 3 years ago.
Relay 01 on the pic I sent
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

according to the owners manual; that is the starter sylenoid relay

Expert:  Tim West replied 3 years ago.
graphic

graphicSorry 303
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is this relay part of the circuit board i tried to pull it out but it wouldnt move

Expert:  Tim West replied 3 years ago.

It should be removable. Either way, check the fuel pump driver module for moisture or conector damage.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no moisture or connector damage but i can not access the connector to do the jumper thing. i failed to tell you that i already have the fuel pump out and the tank dropped. i have a new pump but it was the wrong one to long so i tried to plug the new one outside the fuel tank just to see if the pump would run and it didnt but i dont know if all the oter lines have to be hooked up and the pump submerged in order for it to run any clue

Expert:  Tim West replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, have you checked the wiring at the inertia switch? The pump should turn on. If the old pump wasn't turning on it's probably not the pumps fault.
I would put the pump back in and pull the tank back up and let's look for a wiring issue.