Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

How do I replace transmission on 2000 ford f150 4x4?

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Sounds like you have not removed the exhaust and or the cross member to allow the engine to tilt back and allow all the bell housing bolts to come out, Is this correct? If not please reply.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok I need some more explanation as to which bolts are stuck and or will not come out and what has has been removed so far?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can not get torque converter nuts off they are starting to strip is there a special tool

No there is not a special tool to remove them, There made of very weak metal like aluminum. You need a 6 point 9/16 socket to remove them. Or you can use a chisel on the leading edge of one of the flats to spin them off. Also craftsman makes a kit called a bolt out, which will lock on stripped nut or bolt heads and loosen them.