Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech
17239397

where are the timing marks on a 1998 ford escort zx2 2.0 16vZtech

Customer Question

where are the timing marks on a 1998 ford escort zx2 2.0 16vZtech VCT and what are the clock positions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you today.

Im am giving you the timing instructions from Ford. Just click on the link below and it will show you how to line it up

Click here for instructions

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What I need to know is the clock positions of the timing marks. They are not on the file you sent in the link
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 6 years ago.
There are no marks on the gears. The alignment tool that goes in the back of the cams set the gears. Rotate the oil control bushing one full turn and inspect for binding. Position the bushing with the single hole in the 12 o'clock position.Install the exhaust camshaft sprocket. Make sure that the tab on the sprocket engages the hole previously positioned at 12 o'clock in the oil control solenoid bushing. step 7. Then adjust timing belt tensioner. The directions tell you how to set timing.