John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

HOw to reset security system on a ford explorer

Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 6 years ago.

Hi Sir or Madam, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer technician.
I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accurately.

What year explorer and what is going on with it? Did something happen where it would not start?

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask, it's what I'm here for!

-

important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

-

Thank you,

John Mc

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is a 2004 Explororer. The owner let the battery go down all the way. When it was jumped, it cranked, but did not start (either it just did not "catch", or the fuel pump was shut down). In the process of jumping, the battery was disconnected to clean corrosion off the positive terminal. After that, the solenoid would not even click, although there was clearly power coming to the car. In all cases, the proper coded key was used.
Expert:  John Mc replied 6 years ago.

Sometimes when changing the battery the computer loses memory of the coded keys. Unfortunately you have to have a dealer or locksmith reprogram the system. This is a very complex system and it was designed so you had to take to a professional to repair or reprogram. Sorry for the bad news but trying to do it any other way would be a waste of time and you really do need specialized computer equipment and software.

-

-

Thank you,

John Mc

JustAnswer Expert