Shawn E
Shawn E, Ford Senior Master
Experience:  23 Years with Ford, 12 Year Ford Senior Master, ASE Master.
22388146

I have a 1999 F350 with the 7.3 diesel with a heavy oil leak

I have a 1999 F350 with the 7.3 diesel with a heavy oil leak that seems to be coming from on top of the motor toward the back near the turbo I think.

How extensive is the repair and is it something I could or should do myself?
Hi, welcome to Justanswer.com my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be answering your question.

The most common cause for an oil leak under the turbo is bad turbo o-rings between the turbo and pedestal or pedestal and block. You will need to remove the turbo to replace these it shouldn't be too hard depending on the amount of rust. If the oil leak is coming from the front and running back check the plug or oil line o-rings on the high pressure pump they blow out.

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, if you need further assistance please ask.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to receive credit for my work. Positive feedback and Bonuses are appreciated. Thank you, Shawn.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Shawn:

Thanks for the quick reply...one question; where is the high pressure pump located?

graphic

Here is a picture of the turbo o-rings they are in the center of the picture. The turbo has been removed.

graphic

The high pressure oil pump is located on the top front center of the engine just infront of the fuel filter housing check where these oil lines go into the pump then the head and the dummy plug in the front if the o-rings leak the oil runs in the gully and out the back. It requires special Ford o-rings to repair kit# XXXXX