Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2006 Ford mustang: transmission dipstick

How do I change the transmission fluid in a automatic 2006 Ford Mustang 4.0 v6. Has no dipstick to refill?

There is a fluid level plug on the side of the transmission that you add the fluid through but this vehicle should not need to have fluid changed unless driven hard. Here is a picture.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Well I just bought it from a friend who has never had it changed and it is just under 100k miles! And the car is hesitating into reverse and very slightly between gears, so Im pretty sure I need to do a full flus and filter change (since it hasnt ever been done) But how do I get all of it out of the torque converter? and do I do it with the car running or not?

There is no way to get it all out of the converter unless you have it connected to a flush machine. The best you can do without a machine is drain it which changes out about 75% of the fluid.