Earl
Earl, Ford Technician
Experience:  Senior Master Tech since 2006 Diesel certified, have been with Ford since 1995.

reset the power sliding door module after disconecting battery?

How do you reset the power sliding door module after disconecting battery?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Earl replied 4 years ago.

Hello

Here is the procedure for initializing the power sliding door.

Power Sliding Door Initialization

1. Disconnecting the battery or CJB fuse 6 (15A) will cause the power sliding door control module to lose memory. The power sliding door initialization procedure must be carried out before the power sliding doors will operate under all conditions. The power sliding door initialization procedure is a learning process for the module to identify the full open position and the full close position. After power is restored to the vehicle, initialize the sliding doors as follows:
    1. Make sure both power sliding doors are fully closed and latched.
    1. Make sure both power sliding doors are unlocked.
    1. Make sure the vehicle is in PARK.
    1. Make sure that the fuel filler door is closed.
    1. Switch the overhead console power sliding door On/Off switch to On.
    1. NOTE: The keyless entry transmitter or B-pillar switches may be used in place of the overhead console Open/Close switches to initialize the power sliding doors.

Press the driver and passenger overhead console Open/Close switches to open the driver and passenger power sliding doors.

After the power sliding doors are full open and stopped, press the driver and passenger overhead console Open/Close switches to close the driver and passenger power sliding doors.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can you do one door at a time? the reason I ask is because the passenger sidedoor motor is jamed. Should I inspect. the maxi fuses 110 and 118 in the power distrabution box first? If the passenger side motor jamed I might expect the fuse for that side to have gone. fuse 118 but not the drivers side 110.

Would like to trouble shoot driver side first before I take the passenger side cable and motor out to check them! Knowing that I can operate vthe drivers door eliminates many of the posible problems so I can focus on the jammed motor!

Also the van is a IMS coversion van. A lowered floor hadicapped rampvan. Once I know the ford systems are intact it will make tackling the IMS electronics. I have great details on their system and am ready to go.

Thank

Tom

PS do you have circut diagrames? I have ordered them but havn't got them yet.

Expert:  Earl replied 4 years ago.

Yes definitely check the fuses they usually don't blow unless the motor has a electrical short. If it is jammed because the cable has jammed they usually don't blow. Both doors should be initialized at the same time.

graphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

Earl, Ford Technician
Experience: Senior Master Tech since 2006 Diesel certified, have been with Ford since 1995.