Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas

I looked up the 2005 Taurus Owner Guide to find a power window

I looked up the 2005 Taurus Owner Guide to find a power window fuse. None was listed. Is there one? What slot? If not, what would cause the windows to suddenly fail?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The fuses for the power windows are located in the SJB (Smart Junction Box)F2. 30 (10A) and F2.10 (30A) , under the dash on the driver's side (see diagram below), hope this helps you out.

Power Window Control

The one-touch down (OTD) power window function allows the driver door window glass to completely lower with one button press. The driver window control switch is hardwired to the smart junction box (SJB) and door window regulator and motor. When the SJB senses a one-touch down request from the driver window control switch, the SJB supplies a ground to the OTD relay coil. The OTD relay then provides power to the driver window regulator motor, lowering the window. The OTD feature will function when the ignition switch is in the RUN or ACC position. The OTD feature also operates while the ignition is OFF and the delayed accessory time-out period has not expired or the driver door has not been opened.

The rear window defrost switch is hardwired to the SJB. When the switch is engaged and the ignition switch is in the RUN position, the SJB supplies a ground signal and activates the SJB rear window defrost relay 1. This supplies power to and activates the relay center box 1 rear window defrost relay 2 which operates the rear window defrost element. The SJB will maintain the ground signal for 10 minutes or until the switch is selected OFF or the ignition switch is turned to OFF or ACC.

All power and ground for the power windows is supplied through the driver front window control switch. Power and ground are supplied for the driver front window operation by the SJB when the one-touch down feature is activated.

Delayed Accessory Power

The delayed accessory power feature controls power to certain accessories. For 10 minutes after the ignition has been in the OFF position and the driver or passenger front door remains closed, this feature allows the delay accessories to be powered. This is referred to as the delayed accessory period. The customer can continue to open/close the windows during the delayed accessory period or until one of the doors is opened. The delayed accessory feature also turns off power to the accessory while the vehicle is starting to prevent excessive battery drainage.

graphic

graphic

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Edited by Shawn on 4/12/2010 at 12:48 AM EST
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas