Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2001 ford e150 van fuel pump motor died while driving, changed

2001 ford e150 van fuel pump? motor died while driving, changed fuel filter it started and ran for 30 seconds died again. disconnected fuel filter on both sides tried to start but no fuel shoots out of gas lines? already checked fuel pump reset it wasnt tripped, tried to start with a shot of ether it seemed to want to start. Also i pushed the pressure release valve? on the fuel line near injectors but no fuel pressure seemed to be there?

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

The problem you are describing does sound like a bad fuel pump. I would start with checking to see if you have 12 volts on both side of the fuel shut off switch and if so, also check it at the fuel pump with a helper cranking the engine over. The power wire at the fuel pump connector is the Pink and black. If you have cranking voltage and no fuel then the pump is bad.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have 12 volts at fuel pump, going to get a pump

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

If you have 12 volts at the pump and a good ground then you are right. The pump is bad.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG GOT SIDE TRACKED, YOU WERE RIGHT IT WAS THE FUEL PUMP, RUNS FINE KNOW THANKS!
You are very welcome...Thank you very much as well. GREAT JOB!!!