Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.

how do I fix my F150 2000 parking brake It is stuck .

Customer Question

how do I fix my F150 2000 parking brake? It is stuck .
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Is it stuck on or off?

Is the pedal stuck down?

Is it below or at freezing temps outside?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is stuck on.

The pedal is NOT stuck down.

No freezing temps.

When you hit the pedal release does it pop back up fast?

Have you verified its not the rear calipers instead on the parking brake shoes?

Have you looked under the drivers side of the cab to see if the e-brake cable is loose when the pedal is up?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When I pull the release lever it does pop up fast.

I do not believe it is the rear calipers.

I have not looked uner the drivers side for a loose cable. I will do that now

Once you see if the cable is loose or tight reply back

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you -It will be a few minutes, I'm following lines and cabels- not familar with too much.

Okay if there tight then the brake control foot pedal is faulty. If there loose the the cable is frayed somewhere between the rear brakes and foot pedal or the parking brake shoes have come apart or are damaged inside the brake rotors and you will have to remove the wheels and brake calipers and brake rotors to repair them. If diagrams are needed just reply.
Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Ford.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Diagrams would greatly be appreciated. Thanks you for your expertise. The line appears to be tight, It looks as if I have more work to do.thankou
Here is a ford file which will help out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Excellent. I have successfully released the stuck parking brake , the cable was no connected correctly. Your initial questions and the diagram allowed me to do it myself.

No more help is needed with this problem, however I will contact you in the future for my Ford F150 Questions

Thanks

Glad I could help