Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Ford Explorer: My drivers side window has come off track..screw..nut

2003, Ford Explorer XLT. My driver's side window has come off track in the front. I heard a screw or nut fall inside the door before this happened. When I shut the door, I hear the glass rattle inside the door. The front of the window slips forward and the back rides up. I can pull it back in, but then it slips again. The motor is fine and the window still rises up and down. My main two challenges are: How do I remove/replace the door panel (without damaging the control panels, door light, etc.)? AND how to re-connect the window to it's track? Thank You!

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

I have enclosed door panel removal instructions, once you have it off you will be able to see what has let loose. It likely just a mater of reinstalling the bolt.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Do I need to worry about re-aligning the window, or is there a pre-set adjustment, or should I just have the window in the fully up position? Thank you!

As long as its in both tracks , it will align just fine. Just pay attention to where the old marks are .