Earl
Earl, Ford Technician
Experience:  Senior Master Tech since 2006 Diesel certified, have been with Ford since 1995.
29257239

How do I clean my egr valve on my ford ranger

Hello

Why do you want clean you EGR valve?

Are you getting a code for the EGR?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have a friend who is a ford mechanic and he told me my problem is the egr valve. I can't afford a new one yet. So I want to know if there is a way to clean it out until I can get a new one.

I very rarely have seen a bad EGR valve on a 3.0 Ranger. But if you want to clean it just remove the two bolts holding it on as well as unscrewing the EGR tube nut and remove the valve. Use spray carburetor cleaner to remove any carbon build up and reinstall. with a new gasket where it bolt to the intake.

Just a note, I have seen the DPFE sensor fail far more often then the EGR valve.