Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

1990 lincoln town car: drivers adjustment on the regulator

Customer Question

1990 lincoln town car all 4 windows won't go up or down this didn't happen all at the same time the left drivers side i put in a new regulator nothing happend i can hear the motor could the motor be the problem is there an adjustment on the regulator?
Category: Ford
Expert:  kalamykid replied 6 years ago.
Can you hear all the window motors when you try to move them up or down with the power window button? Did you replace the window motor one the door that you put a new regulator in?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no i didn't replace the motor on the new regulator.
Expert:  kalamykid replied 6 years ago.
Can you hear all the motors try to work ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  kalamykid replied 6 years ago.
Sorry for the delay, I fell asleep sitting in front of my pc. One last question before I can make sure what it will take to fix all the windows. Can you push the windows down and pull them up with the window motors still attached?