Lurch
Lurch, Ford Cert.
Experience:  Ford Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Lincoln ls: v8..the fuse box on the passenger side..diagram

Customer Question

i have a 02 lincoln ls with a cd error its a v8 and has a 6 dics i read something on here that said if i take the #18 fuse out of the fuse box on the passenger side now i found the fuse box but i dont know which one is the #18 can someone help me with a diagram please thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

Here are pictures, thanks.

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok i found the fuse numbered 18 on the diagram and took it out but it didnt fix it can you help me out on what else i can do
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
Try fuse #18 on the other fuse box and let me know if that helps. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

where do i locate the other fuse box

Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
Its in the front right corner of the car in front of the passenger side door on the right under the kick panel.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i only see one fuse box under the hood and it the same one on the passenger side that i took one out from

Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
Ok, I'll opt-out of this question and leave it open to other experts incase someone else has some different advice. Someone will respond automatically dont reply otherwise question will be locked to me. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: he said he would like someone else to answer my question as he cannot help me with what i need.
he said he would like someone else to answer my question as he cannot help me with what i need
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

hi lurch ok i found the #18 fuse and took it out and put it back in twice but that didnt do anything is there anything else i can try

Expert:  Lurch replied 7 years ago.

All you were doing was trying to get the Unit to "reset", which is always a 50 / 50 chance.
Typically what happens on these units is the Logic I C goes bad which brings up the "error" code.
Unit needs to be removed & Repaired or Exchanged.
Likely Parts will be the Main Circuit Board & / or Servo Motor for the CD
Est. $ 225.00 - 3335.00 depending on Shop & Parts
You may be able to find one On-Line or E-Bay, but could be buying someone elses problems

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thanks ill look into that then
Expert:  Lurch replied 7 years ago.

Sounds good

Expert:  Lurch replied 7 years ago.

If you need further, please ask
If not, please click Accept